Call AEP/SWEPCO at 800-218-3919 with the street name and block number or the pole number (obtained from the oval-shaped metal tag located on the street side of the pole). File street light outages at AEP/SWEPCO online.
Request a New Street Light
Call the City Engineering Division at 903-935-4407 or email John Clark and request a location be considered for a new street light.
Requirements for Street Light Consideration
- All residential street lights will be 100 Watts HPS.
- Lights will be placed at all street intersections except at major thoroughfares where median lighting already exists.
- Lights will be spaced 300 feet apart along the streetff preferably in a staggering pattern.
- Lights will be placed no closer than 200 feet except for intersections, in cul-de-sacs, and where curves, grades, etc., require additional lighting.
- All cul-de-sacs longer than 200 feet from the centerline of street to center point of the cul-de-sac shall have a light at the street intersection and at the end of the cul-de-sac.
- All severe street corners, severe turns, etc. shall be lighted with 250 Watts HPS.
- Lights shall be placed so as to gain the maximum use of existing and proposed physical street layout or characteristics.
Developers are responsible for the installation of street lights in new or expanded developments. All intersections of residential or collector streets and major thoroughfares shall be lighted with 250 Watts HPS lights.
Additional Street Lights
If a request for an additional street light is requested closer than the City of Marshall standards or at a higher wattage, the Engineering Division with review the request to determine if the request is justified. Otherwise, the requestor must participate in the cost of having the street light(s) installed or the wattage size increased.