This Week's Activities
Week of June 21: "On the Wild Side"
- LEGO Challenge: Create an African animal! Email or Facebook message a picture of your animal to be entered into a weekly drawing for a LEGO kit. See below for challenge guidelines.
- Craft: Make origami animals! Kits including origami paper are available at the library.
- Foldable Challenge: This week, fold a giraffe! Due to licensing agreements, instructions are only available at the library.
- *Virtual Program: On Tuesday, June 22 at 3:00, "Happy Birds" will be LIVE. Watch parrots do the most amazing tricks! If internet access is an issue, contact the Library Squad. We can help! See below for other upcoming virtual programs.
Happy Birds link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3173688171?pwd=K1d1dWVsQTVyQWwxS05CYndSZVlzQT09
Meeting ID: 317 368 8171 Passcode: happy
- ZUMBA: Shake your tail feathers with Ms. Shannon on Thursday, June 24 at 9:00 at City Park.
June & July On-Going Summer Activities
Reading Logs: Earn a bead for every 30 minutes read this summer! Keep track on the paper log or use the library's Beanstack app. Read for at least 2 hours to earn a limited-edition Summer Reading yard sign.
Bookmark Contest: Create a bookmark based on this summer's "Tails & Tales" theme using the entry form provided. There will be one winner in each of these categories: PreK-2nd; 3rd-6th; 7th-12th. Winners' bookmarks will be printed and made available to MPL's readers. Entries are due Friday, July 9.
B-I-N-G-O: Participate in activities listed on the BINGO card. Return completed BINGO cards by Friday, July 30 for an entry in the end of summer grand prize drawing!
LEGO Challenge of the Week: Teens (no parents allowed!) are invited to build a LEGO creation from their imagination based on each week's theme (see below). Email picture of LEGO creation to email@example.com—OR—bring LEGO creation to the library by Friday of each week so a member of the Library Squad can take a picture of it. Photos will be featured on the library's Facebook page and Instagram page.
All weekly entries will be entered into a drawing for a LEGO kit and will also be eligible for the grand prize drawing which will be held at the end of the summer.
Foldable Animal of the Week: Each week, a new animal will be available to create by folding. Due to licensing agreements, instructions may only be given out at the library.
If participating each week, t(w)eens will end up with a menagerie of 8 animals with the bonus of 4 additional animals available during the summer.
Virtual Stickerboard: Let's stick together! The community is invited to work together to complete a 4,000 piece stickerboard. With only 25 stickers available a day/per person, it will take all of us to finish the board and uncover the image by summer's end.